Desi Sews

A blog where I will post sewing projects and other sewing related information.

Friday, May 19, 2006



Christmas Stockings: An unusual wedding gift -
I had an unusual idea for a wedding present for my cousin and his new wife. I wanted to make them Christmas stockings as a wedding gift. My thinking was that little personal touches like this would help them make a house into a "home".

The fabric that I chose was hunter green with gold metallic flecks woven into the fabric. Just like the window treatment, it was hard to photograph because of the mettalic properties of the fabric. The embroidery was done with gold metallic guttermann thread (wonderful stuff, let me tell ya!) on a solid red cuff. I used a gold trim to make the loop that will be used to hang the stockings. I may also post some of the "less fancy" stockings I've made as well. In my opinion, the ones for my cousin were the best ones I've made yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home