Desi Sews

A blog where I will post sewing projects and other sewing related information.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Embellished Cloth Diapers: a quick & easy shower gift!
A friend of mine in my ASG Neighbhorhood group (Rena) gave me this idea for a quick & easy shower or baby gift. Pick up a package of cloth diapers and embellish them with simple ribbon - what a great idea!

I use fusible web to fuse the ribbon to the diaper and then I topstitch it on my machine. Each diaper takes less than 10 minutes. Group them into a bundle of 3 and you have a great gift! Rena told me that she's seen these same diapers sold at craft fairs for $39 for a set of 3 -- highway robbery!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This really pretty Desi and seems very easy. I will definately try this one.

Proud Mom
Love Mom

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chenille ric rac works great too! You can also add those iron on embroideries for a themed look. In a pinch, fabric sewn in a tube, ironed flat (so the seam is on the bottom, you don't have to turn it this way) and topstitched on either edge looks great too. Use your decorative stitches and some poly embroidery thread and run a few rows to "look" like ribbon. I think embroidered buttons across the bottom would be adorable too but haven't tried this.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home