Desi Sews

A blog where I will post sewing projects and other sewing related information.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Nursing Pillow ("Boppy")



These nursing pillows are a great gift to new moms. The pattern is a McCall's (I think the # is 2824) and the pattern is a little bit better than the ones you can buy ready-made. The back of the pillow has 3 pockets with elastic casings where the nursing mother can safely store pacifiers, a phone or a TV remote control.

In the past few years, I've made countless nursing pillows for friends. This one came out the best of all of them - I think it's because I used a rotary cutter to cut out the pattern pieces vs. using sewing scissors. I've been told that using a rotary cutter gives you more exact cuts because there is no need to lift the fabric in order to cut and there is less room for error when cutting. It will take me a little while to get used to the rotary cutter, but after this project, I'm convinced that it's the way to go!

Here are the pictures of the nursing pillow - I used red raggedy ann & andy fabric that I found in my stash (gotta love decreasing my stash - it was starting to get out of control!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home