Desi Sews

A blog where I will post sewing projects and other sewing related information.

Monday, June 05, 2006

What's wrong with this picture???



Question of the day -- what is wrong with this picture?

There I am, up in my sewing room tonight just makin' progress. I have a TON of sewing to do before my trip to Dallas this weekend to see my best friend, Mel. I am sewing clothes for her oldest daughter, who also happens to be my god-child. I picked up a simple Butterick pattern and some CUTE fabric at Joann's the other day. I make up my first dress and everything goes well. I go up to my sewing room and cut out the second dress, we're making progress, ladies & gentlemen!

The end is in sight! Then, I am almost done cutting the last dress out and I notice that I am cutting the fabric UPSIDE down and to make matters worse - this is the FRONT of the dress. Perhaps I could live with having the fabric facing the wrong way on the back of the dress, but certainly NOT the front!

What's a girl to do? I investigate adding a solid color band to the bottom. There's not enough fabric to make that work....then I try piecing two pieces of fabric together and match the patterns to hopefully come up with one large piece that I can use to cut out the front again. Nevermind that the grainline will be all screwed up!?!? That was going to be my next hurdle to figure out. Well, I never made it that far. Right now, I'm considering two options -- (a) make up the dress the way it is; anyone who complains will be told what an anal retentive perfectionist they are and they will be so humiliated they will run away or (b) go to Joann's tomorrow and PRAY that they have a scrap of this fabric left just big enough to cut out a new front panel.

That's what I get for thinking I was so smug...making all of this progress with my sewing projects. I should have known better....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home