Desi Sews

A blog where I will post sewing projects and other sewing related information.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Saved by JoAnn's!

Due to my "issue" last night with cutting the front of a dress that I am making for my 2 yr old god-daughter, I ran to JoAnn's today during lunch. I was hoping to find the fabric that I bought over 2 weeks ago to make this little sundress for her.

The fabric was $6/yd when I first bought it and it's been marked down to $1.99/yd, so their in-store stock was rapidly decreasing. I was in fear that I would be stuck with what my husband lovingly referred to as the "topsy-turvey" dress since the front is cut with the fabric print pointing downward vs. the back, which is cut with the fabric pattern in the correct direction.

I walked in and my heart started to pitter-patter. I came upon the rounder where I knew I'd find that "Tutti Frutti" print fabric that I needed and to my surprise, they had 2 BOLTS with fabric left in the exact print that I needed! WHEW!

I think I've learned my lesson on check it twice, cut once. At least until I forget about this lesson and have to teach it to myself again...

P.S. - a funny addition to this story is that I called my husband on my way back to work to tell him that they had 2 bolts left of the fabric that I needed and then I paused and said "So, I bought all they had left in the store" and he believed me. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. I guess it's true that I'm becoming a fabric junkie. At least I'm in good company :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home