Desi Sews

A blog where I will post sewing projects and other sewing related information.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Making a baby sling

I'm finally back! Sorry for the delay in posts, I was in Dallas last week visiting my best friend, Mel and helping with her new baby and her almost 2-year old. They kept us busy (to say the least), but we still got some great sewing in during my time out there. I will post pictures soon of the outfits we made for her kids as well as the diaper bag I made for her out of some Oilcloth I had on hand. I don't remember how I eneded up with an entire BOLT of yellow gingham oilcloth, but I was happy to use up some of what I still had left to make her "The Perfect Diaper Bag" -- more on that in another post.

While I was out there, I finally got a picture of the baby sling "in action".

Making a baby sling like this is hilariously easy.
Here are the instructions I followed for making the sling. It looked so easy and straightforward that I actually doubted that it would work very well. Well, actually the old K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid) principle applies here and works like a charm! Both Mel and her sister, Lara have gotten compliments on their slings that I made for them.

This is also a great shower gift, although I suggest including suggestions on how to wear the sling with the gift for those not "in the know". It only took an hour to make, which surprised the hell out of me. I kept reading the directions and getting worried that it was too complicated and I would screw it up. If I would have known how EASY it really was, I would have made 10 of them for Mel. I guess it's a good thing I was intimidated at first after all :)

Desidou

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home